Calci-Pro Hi Calcium Low Fat Milk Powder
Calci-Pro high calcium milk powder is an expert in bone nutrition. Calci-Pro is the leading high calcium milk in Bangladesh specially formulated to help Bangladeshi’s move as young as they feel with nutrients to support healthy muscles, joints and bones for an active lifestyle. It helps you fight Osteoporosis.
Calci-Pro has been fortified with vitamins and minerals that can help support cognition, strong bones and teeth, and optimal maternal health. Along with the natural goodness in milk this instantised milk powder is fortified with:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
WHAT IS OSTEOPOROSIS?
Osteoporosis is a progressive bone disease that is characterized by a decrease in bone mass and density, which can lead to an increased risk of fracture. In Osteoporosis, the bone mineral density (BMD) is reduced, bone microarchitecture deteriorates, and the amount and variety of protein in bone are altered.
Women are much more in danger than their male counterparts.
Long effects of Osteoporosis vary between people, but the most common outcome is a bone fracture after even a relatively minor accident.
Around the world, 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men aged fifty years and over are at risk of an osteoporotic fracture. In fact, an osteoporotic fracture is estimated to occur every 3 seconds. The most common fractures associated with osteoporosis occur at the hip, spine and wrist. The likelihood of these fractures occurring, particularly at the hip and spine, increases with age in both women and men.
Of particular concern are vertebral (spinal) and hip fractures. Vertebral fractures can result in serious consequences, including loss of height, intense back pain and deformity (sometimes called Dowager’s Hump). A hip fracture often requires surgery and may result in loss of independence or death.
DAIRY AND BONE HEALTH:
- Bone is a dynamic living tissue that is the foundational materials of the human skeleton. The bones of the skeleton have a variety of functions such as providing structural support for the tissues of the body, levers for muscles to create movement, protecting vital internal organs and maintaining mineral balance in our bodies.
- Peak bone mass is achieved by late 20’s when bone mass reaches its maximum level of density and strength. Childhood and teenage years are a critical time for investing in our bone health, to maintain our bone integrity and mass in our later years.
MORE ABOUT CALCI-PRO:
World class High Calcium formulation for CalCi-Pro™ has been created by FONTERRA LIMITED of New Zealand. Over last 10 years, Fonterra spent more than 1 billion US dollar for research and development to find out the prevention of Osteoporosis. It is excellently formulated in combination of pure milk with added calcium along with unique proportion of Magnesium, Vitamin D, Zinc and other bone minerals which are supportive for the calcium to be absorbed in bone.
CALCI-PRO works in 3-steps system to maintain bone strength:
- It provides essential bone nutrients for developing strong bones
- The advanced formulation with Vitamin D supports effective absorption of Calcium and Phosphorus
- Vitamin K helps maintain bones as it is essential for the synthesis of osteocalcin, a protein found in bones that helps bone building as well as maintaining calcium homeostasis (Schaafsma A, Muskiet F A J, Storm H, Hofstede G J H, Pakan I & Van der Veer E (2000). Vitamin D3 and vitamin K1 supplementation of Dutch postmenopausal women with normal and low bone mineral densities: effects on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and carboxylated osteocalcin. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 54, 626-631)